Don’t Grow Up
For 12 years I have watched you grow.
Beautiful, Strong, Smart, Sweet
What happened to my baby girl and the kisses she’d blow?
You have become a wonderful young lady.
Sassy, Independent, Kind, Brave
But inside your Mamma’s not ready.
I don’t want you to grow up, I’m not ready for this.
I want to keep you safe and sound from the world.
Just a little more time, there’s so much that we could miss.
You can always come to me whatever it may be.
Bright, Chic, Happy, Considerate
You can always count on me.
I know that you’re strong and will be just fine.
Silly, Pretty, Funny, Clever
But you’ll always be a baby in these eyes of mine.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm glad you are doing this regularly. I liked this one.
Has it really been 12 years?
Ugh
Post a Comment